Providing information about charities offering solutions to debt and courses to help you to manage financial difficulties.
Don’t struggle alone.
We recognise that budgeting when you’re on a low, or no, income can be incredibly difficult and stressful. That’s why our foodbank has partnered with money advice specialists to enable people who are struggling with financial difficulties to access expert help. This includes help managing or avoiding debt, help setting a budget, and making sure that people are accessing any finance available through grants or benefits.
There are a number of local charities that can offer advice and help
- CAP Debt Help – There are local Debt Coaches who will visit clients at home. This is a valuable service to those with mental health issues. Call CAP on 0800 328 0006 Mon-Thurs 09.30-17.00 and Fri 09.30-15.30. They will confirm an appointment date, give immediate advice about how to deal with bailiffs and give advice on other charities that will offer help if there is no local service. Unfortunately the appointment might be a number of weeks in the future due to shortage of trained debt coaches in each area. They run CAP Money Courses across West Midlands.
- Community Money Advice. This national group support a number of local charities that offer Debt Advice. Your local centres can be found here
- Citizens Advice. An online database of practical articles on all aspects of Debt and Money management. The Sandwell (Smethwick) office is based at 370-372 High St., Smethwick, B66 3PJ. Ring the information helpline on 0300 330 9017 Mon-Fri 09.00-15.30 (Tues till 19.00). Their are a number 0f offices across Sandwell
Other national organisations
- National Debt line Call on 0808 808 4000. Open Mon-Fri 09.00-20.00 and Sat 09.30-13.00
- Step Change debt advice charity. They will offer a debt plan online
- Debt Advice Foundation Call on 0800 043 4050. Open Mon-Fri 08.00-20.00 and Sat 09.00-15.00
- Debt Support Trust Call 0800 085 0226 or make an enquiry on line
- Debt Advice Forum where you can post anonymous queries and get advice from debt experts, as well as view responses to other people’s queries